Monday, October 10, 2011

Letter from October 3rd, 2011

Hey friends-

Yay for conference weekend!

Baptismal Dates, oh my!

So, we had a good week this week. A normal week, if it can be called that, in missionary work--complete with rejections, acceptions (not sure if that is a word), good things, bad things, etc. The most important is that we now have 2 baptismal dates for the end of October! They are 2 younger people and are really cool. I think it was a miracle and it came from trying to keep the vision of baptism, which is not just having ánimo (roughly translated: energy, excitement) but rather knowing what is the doctrine of Christ and how to teach it. But, it sufficeth me to say (sounds better than "sufficient" to me) that we now have 2 fechas and they have to go to church this Sunday. That will be our focus this week.

General Conference, a.k.a. getting hit over the head with doctrine

Oh boy, I looooooooove General Conference. In general, here on my mission I have learned how cool the Seventies really are. That also includes their talks. I loved Elder Tad R. Callister´s talk about the Book of Mormon. That is the dream talk a missionary wants their investigators to hear. I was also quite pleased with Sister Dalton knocking some sense into the fathers and priesthood in general. Cool talk. I loved it in general. Lots of emphasis on the Book of Mormon, which is good. Read it, treasure it, read it again, ponder, pray, read again, and repeat.

Anyway, that is all I have time for today. Have a great day!

Love-
Elder Thomas
P.S. I have attached a recording of us in the "Gringo Room" during conference as well as pictures of it. There are also pictures of our Zone eating activity today.




No comments:

Post a Comment