Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baptism!




Hey everyone-


Baptism!!!


So....Carolina got baptized!!!! I have attached fotos of the baptism. I got to baptize her and I am pretty sure that I was more nervous than she was. It was really cool to see her at this point. She was a golden investigator and it was cool to see the change. We had everything go wrong the day of the baptism (including our cell phone completely and totally dying) but the Lord helped us to pull everything through.


Investigators


So Ignacio and Isabel are legit. Ignacio committed to ask the Bishop for an interview to start getting ready to receive the Priesthood and he followed through with it! The both of them attended the baptism and really liked it. It really actually looks like she will get baptized. We also have an investigator in San Juan called Orlando. We have to take a bus into the country and then hike 2 km up a hill to get there, but it is so worth it. He and his family are humble and extremely nice. We`ll see if they can make it to church.


The fattening


So we had our Zone Activity today. We went out to the country (really far) to a member`s house to have an asado (a BBQ, but a little different). This involves a large amount of meat and other food items. We also hitchhiked back with the Zone Leaders (first time I have ever done that in my life). I have attached fotos of said event for your viewing pleasure.


This concludes my report for the week. I will try to remember some more funny things to tell you next week.


Love-

Elder Taylor Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment